Friday, July 19, 2024

Chicken situation

I was hopeful in my last post that chickens would once again run free here at Lester's Flat.

After we were down to 5 in the big coop, I was happy to get them all enclosed in the fence at night before closing the door. Then they were all safe until morning.

The evening after that post, all 5 were in the fence. When I went to close the door to the coop, about an hour later, there were only these 2.

They are the last of our 16 chickens in the big coop. They are roaming free because they are not safe in the fenced area, and these were 2 of the escapees who wouldn't stay there anyway. At this point, they stand more chance of living outside. 

Mostly they hang out back by the house...very smart on their part. Then I have to coax them back in to the coop earlier in the evening than they would like.

We leave next week. 

Sad face emoji for the chickens.

Still a happy face emoji for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment