We attended another of the Cooperstown Music Festival concerts on Wednesday night. The Sebastians is a quartet with 2 violins, a cello and a harpsichord. (How does one travel with a harpsichord?) Christ Episcopal Church was the perfect setting for baroque and classical music.
We are spending some cash to get the big chicken coop fixed to prevent more midnight raids by the mink. Then we can move the 5 older hens that we have in the plastic Omlet coop to their new home, and we can replace them with the 6 new chicks from the dog crate in the garage.
I always intended for the Omlet to be a grow-out pen, but I am thankful that we had a safe place for these adult girls when we were losing all the others.
I set up the trail camera to keep an eye on those girls. So far we have caught Zelda, Otis, deer, a skunk, and this harmless little hummingbird. He used to come with his girlfriend to the cuphea plants we buy for them every year in the backyard, but this year she showed up without him. Now I see why.

No comments:
Post a Comment