Wednesday, July 22, 2026

XI in the sky, summer music, and macroinvertebrates


There's a title I don't have to worry about repeating!

The skywriters are back mucking up the sky again just after all the smoke from Canada went away. Momma deer is unconcerned, and just finished cleaning off 2 little ones who refused to wait for their picture to be taken.

We went to the second concert in the Cooperstown Summer Music Festival—Caroga Arts Ensemble. Eddie Barbash on saxophone, Kasa Quartet on strings, plus a guitarist, drummer and bass player.

Your first question would probably be "why am I doing this?"
And then there was the training for macroinvertebrate monitoring. As if the water testing I am doing in the creek with Charlie and Pam wasn't enough, now we are learning how to capture and identify macroinvertebrates as a further test of the health of our stream(s). Let's just say it is quite the challenge to learn the difference between a net-spinning caddisfly and a midge larva when they are both about the size of a fruit fly. The easy ones were the crayfish and scuds...

No comments:

Post a Comment