Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Malin Head



On our last day in Donegal Town, we took a journey along the Wild Atlantic Way to Malin Head, the northernmost point in Ireland. It's a stark contrast to the Atlantic Ocean as I know it, on the New Jersey coast.

Granted, it was a cloudy day, but we had the entire beach to ourselves other than one young lady with a child and a small dog. This was in the height of summer and the tourist season. There were several more people on the paths along the cliffs, but I chose to sit that part out so I could take more photos.

It's hard enough keeping up with the husband wandering through city streets, but send him off in the countryside and there's no way my short legs will keep up.

Apparently this spot looks otherworldly enough to be featured in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. That would never work with the Long Beach Island I remember in New Jersey.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment