Saturday, September 28, 2019

Fall eagle and bees

To distract us all from the latest political nightmare, I will share some pretty pictures.

I was talking to a contractor on Thursday about our new enlarged dog fence, when I saw something over his head off in the distance. I interrupted our discussion for what turned out to be a crow.

Minutes after he left, I was texting him to tell him he forgot his axe, and the eagle I was expecting earlier flew right over the house.

Also, I recently talked to Frank, our favorite beekeeper, about there not being many honeybees in his bee boxes. I am still trying to convince him (not seriously) to bring his boxes over here. Our weedy property has no shortage of honeys and bumbles.

Oh, and an abundance of wasps. Every variety. One stung my pinky finger while I was sitting outside with a cup of tea yesterday. Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment