Saturday, February 19, 2022

Stream monitoring and 2 more kids

I missed doing my stream monitoring in January because the creek was halfway iced over. I couldn't tell which part was safe to walk on to get to the middle where I am supposed to collect water samples to be tested back in the house. That, and there were below 0° and single-digit temperatures through the weekend.

In early February we had several of those frigid days, and then a warm spell where it made it up to nearly 50° (my last post). This led to lots of snow melting, some flooded roads, and a raging river in my backyard with big floating chunks of ice, just in time for this this month's monitoring. We're taking a pass on the monitoring again this month, sorry Jeff!

As I am writing this post, I think about mentioning the crazy wind the past 3 days, and I look out the window to see the sun has disappeared behind a little snow squall (second photo). All of this is pretty darn normal for winter up here, but I think climate change may be to blame for the repeat occurrences of below 0° with some nice warm days in between.

And, please tell me iPhone weather wizards, how and when was there a 55° high yesterday when all I could see in the 24-hour forecast at 10:43 a.m. was 20° or below. I was waiting for my chance to go out and catch some sun...

Sorta kinda but not really weather related: 

Rain had 2 little white boy kids this morning. Her sister Snow had 2 little black girl kids 2 weeks ago. For a cute kid video if I haven't already sent it to you, check my Facebook page under this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment