Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Is it spring yet?


The grass is green, there are tulips galore, and it's time for sitting out back and enjoying the scenery with the boys. It is officially spring, but I am not ready to plant any of those annuals outside just yet.

The Romantic Husband is still bringing in tulips from the garden. He even took 3 bunches into work for the 3 ladies who work with him. Here's another pretty bunch with another pretty painting (and my last homegrown bulb of garlic hanging in the window just in case you were wondering what that is). >>>

Husband found the painting in the barn out front when we were clearing it out after the owner passed away. I am pretty sure Charlie had no idea who she is either. I think she was somehow related to James Byard, who owned the place a long time ago.

I hope you don't find the last photo gross, because it was delicious. This was the first time I cleaned and cooked a whole fish. We bought this red snapper at the Asian grocery store in Utica the other day.

I had to watch a few YouTube videos to find out how to remove the scales (with a fork). Then work on my knife skills with Dad's old filet knife—remove the fins, slice the sides and back. Then time to cook. Soy sauce, orange and lemon and butter in the iron skillet for a few minutes. Then put the skillet in the oven for a few more minutes. 

It came out very tasty. The toughest part was figuring out how to serve it on 2 plates when the fish just flakes off the bones...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment