Thursday, November 17, 2022

Long summer, short fall

The temperatures were in the 60°s (almost 70° on Friday) and then they came crashing down over the weekend. We got about 6" of wet snow overnight on Tuesday. Most of it has melted, but I think summer has finally taken leave.

The Bird Buddy has been doing its job as photographer very well, but my Sibley Guide is much better at identifying bird visitors. Supposedly the BB is "learning" as all of the photos are coming in, but I was really hoping that my Buddy would be the one teaching me.  

The 2 birds who frequent the feeder most often, blue jays and house finches, are usually either misidentified or they ask me to ID them. Oh well, it was still worth it for the cute close up photos of some very alien-looking birdies. Can you say Coneheads?

And I finally caught a short video of the Monkey/Woody parade that happens just about every morning. Not sure why that is fun for them, but it is definitely fun for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment