Sunday, September 3, 2023

Moon, flowers, berries

Of course I missed getting a good photo of the "blue supermoon" because of the clouds, so I will offer this little slice of moon on the north side of the house from a clear night.

These Chater's Double hollyhocks were purchased from the Cornell Coop Master Gardeners last year, and just bloomed this year. I don't think Chater's are supposed to come in this color combination, so I wonder if they somehow got mixed up with my weedy Zebrina hollys. Whatever the case, I hope that they will continue to reproduce these same flowers from seed every year!

The little Cyrus head at the bottom of the last photo is to show how large that elderberry bush is in the background. We have this one and about 4 more that were planted by the state DEC as part of the Trees for Tribs program. 

A plastic shopping bag of elderberries only makes 2 and a half pints of jam, but it is worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment