Sunday, March 10, 2024

Some day, maybe


I decided to take off the long leash for a lot of reasons, mostly that she was using me to come out and get her, rather than learning to come in on her own. The weather has been getting warmer, and I thought it would be a good time to try a new tactic—learn to come inside without me helping!

Now, 5 days later, I am finding out just how stubborn my little angel is.

On the nice days, Cyrus and I will sit out there and play with her. Or maybe I will do some much needed yard work and ignore them both.

Those days go well, except for the fact that SHE STILL WILL NOT COME IN THE HOUSE! (pardon the caps)

She has been outside, including nighttime, since Tuesday. Yesterday it rained most of the afternoon into the night. That last pic of her looking all pathetic in the window is not her trying to come in...just so ya know. I even tried to get her in through the window. No go.

The latest idea is to go out with the leash and offer to take her for a walk. If and when she lets me hook her up, I walk her, bring her in the house when we're done, and then let her back outside if she insists on it. This will probably only work on the nice days, but I am sure there are some of them in our future. Going out for a try right now.

Update: no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment