Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scanning old photos...

Because I wanted to scan the 2 photos of Rita that are in my earlier post, and because there was extra space on the scanning bed, I got this one of me with the family at the 1964 World's Fair. It is proof that I was actually too skinny in my younger days...

The Husband says it looks like an album cover.

Does anyone know which of the buildings that is in the background? I'll do a bit of searching online and see what I can come up with. I went there I think twice with my parents, and once with my Grandmother. Fond memories from my childhood. Even more distinctly than I remember the "It's a Small World After All" song (from the Pepsi exhibit?) I remember a lot of the other exhibits about what life would be like in the oh-so-distant future. I also remember getting samples of the wild new soda, Fresca!

And, we had our photo taken by the local NJ newspaper, The Burlington County Times, while we were waiting in line for the Monorail. I'll have to look that up, I think Mom saved that somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment