Wednesday, June 20, 2018

2 young bucks in the back, and Phil


We very frequently see deer on the property and the dogs are quite happy to point them out if we don't see them. Woody just showed me yesterday that there is a new little fawn in the neighborhood. It seems very late in the season for fawns, and no one else I have talked to has seen any.

But we rarely see bucks here. Last year we had one young buck, and possibly the same guy the year before, but have not seen him lately. This morning though, Cyrus let us know that these 2 were in the backyard by the new trees. I didn't know until I got closer that they are both young bucks. Young bucks completely unfazed by 2 barking dogs and me with the camera.

Not the greatest pics, but you can clearly see their velvety new horns coming in.

And I found this last pic on facebook today. It is Phil Quartier, owner of the Quartier Horse Farm across the road from us. I did meet him once when we were still in the trailer out front. He came over to say hello while I was out working in the garden. He has since passed away. I have heard so many stories about what a character he was, and now I can see he was quite the accomplished horse man as well. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment