Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Big chicks, little doe, and be-bop-a-re-bop rhubarb pie


All the little chicklets were freed from their basement pre-school/prison, only to go to a more rural facility. I have them fenced in out by the chicken coop to give them a taste of the outside, and also to get the older chickens used to being around them.

The fenced area is not extremely predator-proof, but they do get locked into the big plastic crate at night when they are most vulnerable.

Thankfully, I have not seen the bobcat return, but I did see my first mink back here by the house one morning before the coop was opened up. They are notorious chicken-killers. I hope he moved on to a new hunting ground.

This little doe that was born on Sunday is far too adorable like all the new little ones. The Husband hates his picture on here, but too bad, I think you're pretty adorable as well. :)

Finally, we have a rhubarb patch growing back by the house. I never ate rhubarb until we started growing it, but I must say I am loving the strawberry rhubarb pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment