Monday, June 22, 2020

Ye Olde Fartney in her new big fence


I hurt my knee while walking Woody last week, not his fault at all. In fact, he pulled out of his collar when I hollered, and happily came bounding back through the field by the time I got back to the house. If that had been Cyrus, there would have been a chicken massacre on his way back. Thank you, Woody.

I am very happy with the fence we put in last fall. I have done no dog walking at all since Friday the 12th, and the boys are quickly learning to hang out with me in the yard.

Cyrus is getting much better at coexisting with the chickens even when they are inches away on the other side of the fence. And Woody is getting older (like Old Fart-knee) and seems happy to not be walking out there when it is hot and sunny and sometimes even humid.

Being an invalid, I have had more time to work on the gardens inside the fence, and the wildflowers are doing a good job of filling in the rest. Most of my free time is just sitting out there enjoying life.

An MRI tomorrow should give me an idea as to whether it is anything other than just an old knee. Doncha love when that's the diagnosis? You are old.

No comments:

Post a Comment