Sunday, August 16, 2020

Garlic, tomatoes, hot peppas, and corn!

Here is my very first successful crop of garlic. Lack of attention is my usual problem,  and it was this year too, but the whole crop managed to survive the weedy, stony plot where I planted them. They are a bit small. Something to work on next year.
I have 5 tomato plants in the same plot. So far, only 3 tomatoes have gotten red enough to pick. All 3 were rotten and chewed up by something on the bottom where I couldn't see. I thought it was the slugs that I saw on the first one, but the last one had tooth marks on it. I suspect the devilish little chipmunk I have seen out there. It is the only thing that can fit through my double fence (I think).
The Husband has had much greater success with his much larger garden. Woody is pointing out the spot where I "hide" the tomatoes. He has no great interest in the corn or peppers, but he would like you to know that Ball jar box is full of nice big fat ripe tomaters.
The last photo is added here to see if anyone has any suggestions on how or where to sell these 2 swords. I tried in a group on Facebook, but apparently it was denied because these are considered weapons. The Macleod has a 40" sharp blade and is as heavy as it looks. The other appears to be a replica of a US Marine sword with scabbard. My good friend Colin moved from a house to a small apartment and has "hired" me to sell these for him. I might just be giving them back if I cannot find them a home...

No comments:

Post a Comment