Thursday, May 20, 2021

Weeds and ravioli and neighbors


Early spring is mostly all yellow flowers here, daffodils and dandelions. I love both. I went back to pick up the trail camera today and found this carpet of blue with 2 lonely dandies and some goldenrod poking through. I think they are forget me nots, but didn't look it up yet.

Trail camera was again a whole lot of nothing. I aimed it toward what was left of the beaver dam, and I think I actually caught the beaver in a couple of the nighttime pics, but it is too hard to see. I will try a different location. Haven't had much luck lately with the camera, but I know for sure the coyotes are out there because I hear them crooning every night.

The purple plate special was butternut squash ravioli with sausage and spinach. The cheese on top was from one of my failed goat cheddars. They always come out hard as a rock, but they make excellent grated cheese. So much nicer than that Italian stuff that comes in plastic...

And then there's the WoodMan begging for some soft goat cheese from his favorite neighbor Don on the Hill. Don lives in that house on the hill (between the beer and his right ear). Woody and Cyrus and I used to go up there all the time for a romp, but Cyrus had become too adept at killing critters of all sorts, and Woody had very much improved his skills at hunting for really old dead stuff and bringing it back to share with Don.

That's Gracie the brown girl in the front. Don borrows her from his buddy while he's at work since his dog Bandit passed away.

Woody is nowhere near passing away, by the way. He probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left, but he is definitely back to his normal crazy self.

No comments:

Post a Comment