Monday, June 21, 2021

Bug post

This is not a blog post but a bug post. For the sake of a good title, these will all be bugs, whether they really are or not.

I don't know why that pretty butterfly died behind the picture frame on the back porch wall. I was reluctant to pull the frame away to see what was going on, but now that it has been a few days, I guess it is not going to fly away.

About the same time as the butterfly, this pretty little moth also lost its life on the back porch.

Yesterday, I found these unidentified caterpillars devouring a few leaves on a young mountain ash that was just starting to look like a real tree. I am questioning the DEC as to what they are and how worried I should be.

The last creepy crawly, which I identified only because of a Facebook post I had seen the day before, is a cicada killer wasp. Biggest wasp I have ever seen! He or she also met their demise on the back porch, probably due to a bite by the WoodMan. He likes to eat the bugs he can reach on the screen. He probably got the moth too.


No comments:

Post a Comment