Friday, October 29, 2021

Woods and weeds

I found out for certain that my new patio in the backyard is not going to happen until spring. The proposed location at the bottom of the stairs pretty much went to weeds because I was expecting it all to be torn up in October. The lone survivors of the weed invasion and recent frost are the Zebrina hollyhocks that take over wherever they are allowed. And I have been allowing the WoodMan to dig wherever he pleases, figuring this could be his last summer. In other words, the yard is a bit of a mess...

Don on the Hill came down yesterday afternoon to have a beer with me and the boys. He commented on our beautiful weeds, and on the fact that the WoodMan has lived long past his 6-month predicted demise.

This is the look Woody gets when he hears us talking about him leaving us. Or maybe it's just because we ran out of cheese and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment