Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Pigs like mud


My farmer husband loves his pigs, Elise and Marjorie. And the farmer's pigs love the mud when it is hot out there. Even though they are probably thirsty on the hot days too, they intentionally spill almost all of the water I give them into a big "swimming hole" that they dug in their enclosure.

Thanks to Terry and Alice for the pic, and for the big bag of pears they dropped off later!

Since those hot days over the weekend and before, we have had some of the best sunny, cool, breezy, with just a touch of rain here and there, fantastic weather for the past few days. No complaints from this lover of Upstate NY.

I mentioned the trail camera photos in the last post. I didn't mention that we caught some creatures other than the fox and bobcat.

This big buck was right on the edge of the driveway at 1:30 in the afternoon. And he brought his girlfriend and her cute little fawn by later in the day. 

I am not sure I like having a document of the comings and goings out there, but when I see pictures like this, it makes me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment