Sunday, September 4, 2022

Fire in the hole, and a cruise with cousins



I am loving the new firepit and patio, and the weather has been just about perfect. We are getting some much needed rain today to keep all the plants happy. End of summer, got the garden going late, now is the time when we start to reap the rewards.

The buzz around town is that it already feels like fall, and you know what happens after that, but I say enjoy these perfect summer days and quit yer whining about winter and snow. It's supposed to be in the 70°s and 80°s for at least the next 10 days, low humidity, so what is your complaint exactly?

My only complaint is that I have too many things on my chore list now that the gardens are doing their job. Husband is bringing in pounds of tomatoes every day, I still have the pears from Terry and Alice, and Don has far too many plums on 2 big trees this year. Where do I begin?

Thanks to Greg for the cruise around the lake. Snacks and wine and catching up with the cousins...it doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment