Sunday, June 5, 2011

In memory of Chazoo



The Museum of Famous Unknown Magicians and Clowns (the Magic Barn at the edge of our property) featured the annual convention/Magic Show yesterday. Charlie Zuis, AKA Chazoo, passed away suddenly on May 16, and one of his last wishes was that "the show must go on".

Chazoo would have been proud—it was a great show with quite a few non-magicians in the crowd, including me and The Husband. The 2 children in these photos belong to Sherry, our favorite Post Mistress. Marissa and Brandon were happy to assist the magicians in entertaining the audience. Even the Hub and I were called upon to participate...we did it for you, Charlie!

We do have renters coming to the NJ house at the end of the month, and I am leaving later this week to do some final packing up. It will be equally strange and exciting to move out of our old house, but we will both be thrilled to finally get our stuff up here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. For several years I had the great pleasure of working with the great Chazoo, not as a magician but as a fundraiser. I often think of him as I am today - he was a wonderful kind man - who used to amaze me with slight of hand tricks. He was constantly working the cards when he was sitting at his desk. Really great guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear this. I will pass your comment onto Charlie's daughters.

      Delete
    2. Katy where is the museum? Maybe one day I can swing by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Robert: You are certainly welcome to stop by, but the museum was prettty much dismantled (by me selling off stuff to his fellow magicians). The new owners are just moving in to the house now, but they might be willing to let you wander thru what’s left in the barn/museum. It is inSchuyler Lake, NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy was the museum just Charlie’s stuff? Was it his barn? Robert

      Delete
  3. PS: this is only anonymous because I sent it from my phone…

    ReplyDelete