Thursday, January 2, 2014

Well that's a fine Howdy-Do!

Happy New Year! Welcome 2014! We're off to a fine start this January 2, it's 0° at high noon! At least the sun is shining?

I was hoping to make it to NJ for the annual Colvard-McCann party on Saturday night, but the weather does not appear to be cooperating. They are expecting 11" of snow today and possibly more on Sunday when I would be driving back. Little Sister was looking forward to my visit, but she will be happier if she doesn't have to worry about me driving.

For some color in this bleak and dreary post, I included a photo of the wreath that I won in the Adorn-A-Door Auction. Local business people and artists create some really fantastic wreath-like objects that might include coupons, pieces from their shop, or pieces of art. I also bid on the Cooperstown Distillery wreath which included a bottle of Fenimore Gin. Next year I'll know to go later in the day and only bid on the wreaths I really want...that I can also afford. I didn't even remember bidding on this nice, traditional wreath that had 2 Cooperstown mugs in the middle along with the 3 mercury glass ornaments. The auction benefits the Cooperstown Art Association.

My New Year's resolution is to create some real art and either join the Art Association or display my work in the Blacksmith Shop Gallery (in our little town) or both.


No comments:

Post a Comment