Thursday, January 24, 2019

Poor lame hen

I still don't know what's going on with this one young hen. She started limping on January 3 and then went pretty quickly to being totally lame. She seems otherwise healthy, still eating and drinking, but because she uses her wings to move around, she frequently knocks over the water and food in the small crate I have her in. I brought her into the basement because it was getting so cold outside in the coop that she would have frozen to death with her feathers all wet.

Cyrus is still very interested in the noises and smells coming through the cat door (in the basement door). I am pretty sure he would kill her if he had the chance.

Monkey is also very interested in this strange creature. He is not  the murdering type. If she is down there much longer, I think they will become friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment