Monday, January 21, 2019

Super Blood Wolf Moon

How often do you get to use those 4 words together?

I am sure the Super Blood Wolf Moon was spectacular. And I was surprised that the skies cleared enough so that we could actually see it, or could have seen it if we wanted to stay up late and go outside in that frigid air. At about 10 pm the moon was so high over the house that I could barely see it out the window. There was no obvious eclipse starting, so we both just went to bed.

Wicked cold out there today too. 76° in here with the heat and the woodstove on, but I am worried about the chickens in their unheated coop. Even with the door closed it is mighty chilly out there.

One lame chicken in the basement. At least she won't get frostbite, but I am not sure why she went lame. About 2 weeks ago I noticed her limping. Then a few days after that, not walking at all. The vet said they have seen one other case like this, and that vitamins appeared to help, so we are trying the spa treatment in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment