Thursday, January 10, 2019

Weather dogs and holidays

Don's house on the hill on the left, back of the snow-measuring bench, and our living room windows on the right



The 3 hot topics on my blog—weather, dogs, and holidays. Well maybe not the hot topics, more likely the only topics. Best I can do, folks. Barring any bobcat emergencies or goat births, I don't really have that much to talk about.

So here are all 3 topics in one post to start off the new year.

It has been an unusual winter. We get a few inches of snow, then go back to warmer temps and grass, then windy and frigid and more snow. At least the warmer days mixed in make it less painful.

Last weekend I made the trip back to NJ to visit Little Sister and her dog Lucky. We know Lucky's mother was mostly chihuahua, but the rest of her genetics are a mystery other than dad was something larger than chihuahua. The famous Dr. Wolf says husky because of her mask. After realizing she had a spotty chest, I am voting for Australian cattle dog. We will never know for sure unless we get the DNA test, but it is fun arguing with Lester and Sophie's former vet.

Finally, our perfect Christmas tree survived all of the animals in the house, but because I was away on the weekend when I should have taken it down, it was just a bit dry when I finally got around to taking off the lights and ornaments yesterday.

Monkey says it's not his fault, Mom made that mess, not him.

No comments:

Post a Comment