Monday, July 8, 2019

I missed my 10th anniversary!

I started this blog on June 20, 2009, on the advice of my friend Janet who said it would be a good way to keep everyone from asking me what was going on with the house in NY.

http://lestersflat.blogspot.com/2009/06/never-tried-this-before.html

My intention was just to do this as a way of documenting the adventure of building a new house, but once I got used to it, I enjoyed it. Plus it has turned out to be a good way of keeping track of not only the whole house-building project, but everything else that happens here, like when goats were born and who they belong to, and other interesting (probably to me only) details of our lives up here.

So you will have to forgive me if I do some back-tracking for the rest of this year and provide you with comparison posts from the same day so long ago.

Here is the post from June 20, 2019. Quite appropriate for an anniversary posting I would say. :)

http://lestersflat.blogspot.com/2019/06/i-heart-ny.html

And today's pic is of a bug I had never seen before, a "Beelike Tachnid Fly, Bombyliopsis abrupta". Females lay eggs on the bodies of other insects and the larvae eventually kill the host. They are considered to be important in controlling many insect pests.

This I learned on facebook from the Delaware Otsego Audubon Society.

Learning as I go. And still love living here.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete