Sunday, July 21, 2019

Trapped bird and the same bug (I think)


I was wondering why the cats were hanging out together on the ledge by the stairs this morning. Monkey almost always spends his days down here with the dogs, and Willie is usually too shy to come down here for more than a quick sprint into the basement.

And then I heard what they heard, a bird trapped in the chimney of the woodstove. Of course I don't really know what it is, and I hope that it is a starling or some other annoying bird, but either way I am not going to open up the chimney to find out. I am tempted, except the chimney sweep is coming tomorrow morning anyway (good timing!) and I will leave that for him to discover. And what would I do with a half-dead bird in the living room with 2 interested cats, and 2 very much interested big dogs?

So I was out walking one of those big dogs just now when I saw another dragonfly very similar to the one in the last post. I would think it was the same exact one, except this one has white wingtips, and the other one's were clear. Unfortunately with Cyrus leading the way, and it was windy, it was impossible to focus the iPhone.

I think this is going to be another good year for dragonflies. There were at least a dozen small ones and one little red one out front that I saw on the same walk. Maybe soon I will catch a better photo. They don't stay still for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment