Monday, May 4, 2020

3 robins, 2 flickers, 1 Baltimore oriole, 1 great blue heron and Saturday's eagle



Today's bird count: I saw the first oriole of the year this morning (out there with the robins and flickers) and then later a great blue heron flew right by the window while I was eating lunch. Of course I did not get photos of any of these birds, but then The Husband sent me a photo of the eagle that he took with his little point-and-shoot Canon. So much better than my iPhone version!

We had a glorious sunny spring weekend up here in the north country. When does that ever happen? I spent Saturday and Sunday working on the gardens inside the big fence, and I moved the firepit to the back by the black bench. Woody supervised all of the gardening and rock moving from the comfort of his (my) favorite chair. The first location by our chair turned out to be too close to the house for my windy backyard.

I had initially planned to have the cousins over for a safe-distancing firepit party on Saturday evening, but by late afternoon the sun disappeared and the wind returned. So we postponed until last night and had a perfect party. Still a bit windy, but safely away from the house and anything else that might burn. Woody generously gave up his chair for the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment