Tuesday, May 19, 2020

On the porch


Monkey, one of our 2 indoor-only cats, escaped lockdown last night to join me and the dogs outside. The Husband likes to leave the doors open when it is nice outside (not all that often) and somehow he believes that the Monkey won't want to escape. I knew it would happen soon enough, but I am not especially worried with our now-fenced backyard.

Even so, Husband, I am outing you on my blog. Monkey did not make it any further than the steps when Cyrus ran him back inside, but you are on record. Every time this happens, I am going to post a photo of you. Only really handsome photos of you, and I might even take them down when you catch me, but this is your warning.

Might I also mention that I was already in a foul mood because said dogs had just wreaked havoc on my irises to the left of the stairs. About half of the flower stalks were broken off. Woody managed to sneak in there, and when I hollered at him to get out, Cyrus thought it would be great fun to chase him back and forth inside that little iron fence.

There are not enough angry-face emojis to express my displeasure.

1 comment: