Saturday, October 17, 2020

October eagles

I can't be sure, but I think the eagles from across the road have sent their offspring over here to build their own nest. I suspect there is some version of an eagle grocery store here with the woods and the creek behind us. If we are lucky, they will dine on the fish, minks, skunks, and groundhogs rather than my chickens. And if we are really lucky, we will be able to see the nest from the house.

All day yesterday, and again this morning, there were 2 eagles back there. I had to make do with my old iPhone as a camera. It wasn't working out so well, so I set up my binoculars on the windowsill and did my best to point the camera through the lens. 

The 1 with gray sky is the binocular version from yesterday. That's Don's house in the background. 

Early this morning, the light was just perfect and the eagles were in the mood for posing, so I called in the big guns for a real photo shoot. Cousin Greg happily rushed over with his real camera and telephoto lens. He sent me these pics for now, I hope to get a few more from him soon. Always good to have a good cousin with a good camera close by when you need one!



No comments:

Post a Comment