Sunday, January 3, 2021

Beaver strong

If I go upstairs to wrap a few late presents, I have the cats as helpers instead of the dogs. I am not yet ready to take down the tree and put everything Christmas away. Until I do that, the cat boys will be playing with, sleeping on, and chewing on the boxes in the hall.

The Husband gave me a trail camera for Christmas, among other lovely gifts, so I went down to install it near the creek where all the interesting critters like to hang out. I checked on the beaver dam while I was there. It has definitely sprung a few leaks, but is still holding strong after the flooding we had last week. 

Our carefully installed dock with steel pipes sunk through cinder blocks didn't last a week. I guess the beavers are better engineers. This has been there since at least September.

1 comment:

  1. Awe.. Cute kitties. Good luck with the trail camera. What a great gift! Hmm. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete