Saturday, October 2, 2010

More orange sky and door-less garage pics

I just can't get enough of these sunset photos, so you'll have to put up with me! The first one shows our property line: the little birch tree in the center of the field is the first in a line going back to the creek (the treeline at the back). To the left of the birch is our land, to the right is Charlie's (the Magic Museum guy who owns the barn by the road).

Chris the Garage Door guy is supposed to come this week to install the doors. We are finally approaching the grand finale of this house-building project. Richie came out to finish up the last things on the punchlist for the house, but, unfortunately Jim the Builder pulled him off the job before he was done. I could live with it as is (very happily) but I just want some closure Jim! Since I have not made my final payment, I have some leverage.

And the last one who needs to finish work here is Jesse the Electrician. He was supposed to come out yesterday and finish up, but called and put it off until today or tomorrow. I think I have been very patient with these guys, and I still don't get why they don't seem to want to finish up, get their money and be done with me.

I think we might have to fire up the woodstove for the first time tonight. We seem to have gone pretty quickly from unusually warm temps to some really cool fall weather. After another trip to the Farmers Market for some NY hard cider and goat cheese, we're ready for a night by the fire. We have plenty of leftovers from this week: lasagna, meatloaf, and chicken pot pie—all homemade of course!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment