Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lazy hazy crazy days of summer!




I apologize for being a very lazy blogger lately. Even here in the North Country it has been hot and dry, which is making me hot and lazy. My real job is real slow, as in no work for the past month or so. So I have been filling my time selling stuff out of the Magic Barn. I finally completed my task, and turned over the keys to the new owner yesterday. I sold about $1200 worth of stuff, and I get to keep half of my earnings in addition to the piles of things that we are keeping as our own little treasures. Most bloggable of these is the portrait of the mystery woman. No one seems to know who she is, so we are just going to hang her on the wall because she looks so pleasant and loverly.

In an earlier post I mentioned the inflatable Mickey Mouse and the huge razor: Mickey sold for $61, and the razor went for $80. Both wound up going to California (separately). All of the magic stuff (second photo) went to 3 or 4 of Charlie's buddies who were happy to pick through the treasures in the Museum of Famous Unknown Magicians and Clowns.

Because I was so inspired by my success on eBay and Craig's List, I started posting some things of my own. I got a nibble on my grandmother's punch bowl, another huge and heavy item. Problem is, the nibble lives in Florida and is not sure she wants to pay to ship all 27 lbs. of pressed glass down there.

Today was inspirational as well: I found out that some TYCO Toy samples that I have had for 15 years (stored in 2 different attics) are maybe (fingers crossed) worth some big bucks. I am testing the waters on eBay as we speak, and hope to catch the big fish: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320947405998?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1373

We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment