Thursday, April 30, 2015

Boys do battle...and then they rest


Cyrus is fitting into our routine just nicely. He is still a well behaved boy, but is showing more of his true personality. No more of the non-confrontational Cyrus that was in the shelter getting along with everyone so sweetly.

Woody is usually the one who initiates the battles, but even though he is a few pounds heavier than Cyrus, Cyrus usually gains the upper hand by biting Woody's big honkin' ears, or when that doesn't tame the WoodMan, by ripping out his throat. Well, at least that is what it looks like. Only once did Woody complain with a very pathetic bark, that he couldn't breathe.

But they have also been seen resting calmly on the sofa together. That is, up until MonkeyCat comes in to wake them up to play again.

For the first 2 weeks I took Cyrus into work with me because I was afraid to leave him home. He was a perfect gentleman in the office, but somewhere along the way figured out that laying around and being good all day was kind of boring.

So I finally got up the courage to leave him home for longer periods of time, including going to work without him. He did very well. But then I left him in the house for just a few minutes while we were out milking goats... One entire tamale pie (and a spicy one at that) was devoured from off the back of the counter.

A couple of nights later, I thought I had properly hidden the pork chops I was defrosting. Went outside again, only for a few minutes, and come back to catch Cyrus in the act of raiding the countertop. He knocked over a bucket with 3 eggs in it while trying to pretend that he was not the culprit.

This time his snack included 2 partially frozen pork chops with bones, 6 English muffins, 4 slices of bread, a half stick of butter, and half of a huge chocolate chip cookie. Woody may have helped out with whatever bits made it to the floor, and he probably had some of the tamale pie the time before, but Woody was at the door to greet me when I came in, so I don't think he was responsible for the counter-surfing part.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. My fault... Won't be leaving food on the counter again any time soon...

So this is what it is like to have all boys in the house!

Love you, Cyrus! We're getting there.





No comments:

Post a Comment