Monday, May 30, 2016

Appliance rant #47

When we built this house, I intended to buy the best appliances we could afford. The problem with that was that there was no money left in the budget when it came time to buy everything new. I haven't really (that I remember) done much ranting about my appliance nightmares on this blog, but as my dear husband will tell you, don't ask if you see me in person!

On second look: http://lestersflat.blogspot.com/2010/04/frigidaire-fridge-fiasco.html This will fill you in up to the point where I got the working black Frigidaire. Only problem with that one was that when you close the fridge door, the freezer door pops open. Not fun, but not worth a call to Mr. Dreadfully Chatty Repairman.

SO, my dear husband gave in to my request for a new fridge because we need a second one now to hold all the goat's milk, cheese, whey and fresh eggs. Happy Birthday to me!

New GE was delivered Saturday. Frigidaire goes in the basement to hold all those goodies.

New GE works perfectly.

New GE stops working Monday morning.

Freezer is still freezing, fridge temperature is rising. It's a holiday. At least Lowe's has people on duty at their Customer Care center, but all they can tell me after 40 minutes on the phone with 4 different people is that it is a special order and it will take at least 4 weeks to get a new one.

So turn the gauge all the way up to coldest and we'll call you tomorrow morning to see if that helped. If not, we'll get you a loaner fridge until your new one comes in, in a month if you're lucky.

Are you still with me? Are you ready to hear about the brand new Maytag dishwasher and oven—the only 2 brand new appliances that I did buy for the new kitchen? Already replaced the dishwasher, need to replace the oven.

I won't bore you with the details, except that now I can cross off Maytag, GE, Kenmore, and Frigidaire from the list of brands I would purchase. Not too many left to choose from!

Will it be a jinx if I say that I still love my Bosch washer and dryer (2010), Bosch cooktop (2015), and Samsung dishwasher (2015)? Oh, and that Kitchen Aid toaster oven is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment