Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar eclipse


The eclipse was a big deal around here, even though we were too far north to get the full effect.

http://www.allotsego.com/new-friends-sun-and-moon/

I am linking to this article (although there are several from the newspaper where I work) because my dear friend Tara took the photo, and because it is a better version of the same one I took with my iPhone. In both photos, ignore the big sun flare, and look for the little moon slice (hers to the right, mine underneath) which is actually a slice of the sun blotted out by the moon.

The next 2 photos were of Libby and me experimenting with a hole punched through a lunch container.

All the buzz around town.

It was mighty difficult not to look up while it was going on, but I am a believer in the media reports which warned not to look with bare eyes.

Let that be a lesson to you, POTUS. Not all media is fake. Seriously? You would risk your eyesight? I just don't know what to say about that...

2 comments:

  1. He's such a turd and I am being nice. Gwen did the widely suggested cereal box and I used a primitive tube with a hole poked in foil over one end. It was somewhat interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did say it so nicely! Also agreed that it was just somewhat interesting. I remember an eclipse in the 60s where I came out of the school gym after playing basketball and it was very dark out there.

    ReplyDelete