Thursday, September 13, 2018

Pile of sticks, pretty weeds, crazy cats

Husband had some fun with the chainsaw over the weekend and cut down a lot of dead branches. Wifey had great fun breaking/cutting/sawing up the big branches into woodstove-size pieces for the chilly weather that will be here all too soon. Sparrows for some reason are loving my big pile of sticks (on the right) so I will leave it there awhile for them to play with. On the left is my hydrangea bush that has been eaten up/beaten up by the deer since I planted it about 5 years ago. The fencing around it has been no help at all in protecting it. At least we got a decent number of blooms this year.

Speaking of blooms... I think this is chicory. I love blue flowers even if they are weeds.

And this is probably Orange Hawkweed. Also an attractive weedy flower, but tiny.





Finally, I don't know why, but every cat we have ever had is a pain when I am trying to change the sheets. Willie staked out his spot on the corner of the bed while I undid the old and put on the new sheets everywhere but on his corner.

So I chatted with Evie on the phone for a half hour and he finally gave up. Then of course they had to play with the old sheets on the floor for the rest of the day.

I will have to catch some photos of the 8 chicks soon. The first 4 are almost as big as their adopted mama, but are still sleeping under her wings at night. That's the pic I should get, but hard to capture in a dark coop.

And the last 4 are getting bigger and braver. Congrats to the 2 good mamas for keeping all 8 alive for this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment