Tuesday, November 13, 2018

18 chickens staying alive

When the bobcat attacked my chickens last week, it was sunny and the grass was still green. Just that fast, everything turned brown and white. Before the snow today, I was still finding feathers scattered around the yard that are evidence of the brutal attack.

I found out that I have another week of open hunting on bobcats, but that is not really going to do me any good unless one of us gets a quick lesson in how to shoot a rocket-fast moving killer. And I am not sure I could pull the trigger if I had to...bobcats deserve to live too...

So the best I can do for now is put up a fence around my free ranging chickens. It is a fairly large space around the coop for them to roam, but at least they are all in one place, and I don't have to worry about guiding them back to the coop if the monster cat comes back.

I don't know what else to do except pray that he doesn't come back, and worry that if he does he will jump the fence and have his dinner all captured for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment