Tuesday, November 27, 2018

More snow, chickens, and Dr. Woody


All this snow in November makes me wonder what the real winter will bring. We have 3 and a half weeks left of Fall and the snow just keeps on coming. Rain washed some of it away yesterday and the day before, then we got another 3" or so today to replace what washed away.

The chickens are still safe in their shabby little fence. Because of the lousy weather, they mostly stay inside the coop. Yesterday, while it was raining pretty hard, the teenage rooster was standing guard out front while all the rest were all inside. He was completely soaked, but he must have thought it was his duty to protect his chicken compadres.

Lousy weather also means it is tougher for me to convince myself to go outside and walk the dogs. (Like right now while I am delaying by writing this post!) Add to that the return of the evil cough and lack of sleep, and it is even harder to go out on a cold rainy day.

So when I am not feeling well and resting on the sofa, Dr. Woody comes to the rescue with face kisses.

And when I am not feeling well and resting on the sofa, Cyrus curls up next to me on the floor and demands belly rubs.

Both good doctors in their own special way.


No comments:

Post a Comment