Sunday, April 26, 2020

Snain, snow, snore


Yesterday was a perfect spring day. Sunny and 60°, time to get to work on that garden. Woody spent the morning in my chair, and then both boys spent the afternoon resting in the sun while I was gardening. Even with that rolled up fence in the back corner, the WoodMan still managed to tromp on the garlic I had planted in the fall. Now the fence inside the fence is more secure, and the garlic is joined by some transplanted rhubarb, soon to be joined by the Heritage Large Red Tomato seedlings I have in the basement.

I also fenced off another spot by the living room windows so that I could plant the David Austin "Munstead Wood" English shrub rose. At least for this year I will still allow my weedy daisies and hollyhocks to come up in there, but eventually I want to take over that area for other flowers or herbs or vegetables.

Later in the day I celebrated my gardening success with a glass of chardonnay with sun in it.

And then came today with no weather to celebrate. A chilly rain to start the day. Then some snain. Then some snow. And a WoodMan snoring while I took the video.

Still more snowflakes in the weekly forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment