Monday, April 27, 2020

Snowy farm and "farmer" and a flock of flickers

Yesterday's snow was not a big surprise, but still a bit unusual for this late in April. Last night I got some pretty pics of the house and the farm, and a not so pretty selfie of a snowy farmer going out to close up her chickens for the night.

I spent far too much time this morning trying to get a good photo of the 8 Northern Flickers that were in my yard. I have seen them here before, but only 1 or 2 at a time. I don't know why there were 8 here at once. They have been here all morning, and still now at 1:30. I managed to capture 6 in the big pic below. I had to highlight the 5 that weren't flying so that you could see them through my dirty windows.

Cyrus does most of his nighttime and early morning hunting barking through these living room windows. He would really like to go through the glass to get to whatever it is that he sees in the darkest hours. Much spraying of bodily fluids in the frenzied barking. He needs a face mask. And I need ear plugs.




No comments:

Post a Comment