Thursday, April 9, 2020

Spring and the lockdown


I may have called it spring too soon, but I am sticking with my call. It's 43° and windy and raining right now. Some accumulation of snow is predicted for tomorrow. There are 3 snowflakes in the weekly forecast. Oh well.

I am still having some trouble convincing certain family members (you know who you are!) to stay home, but as I am still going in to work at the newspaper 2 or 3 days a week, I guess I can't argue that point. The one thing we can still do safely while technically under lockdown is to walk the dogs. On the rare occasion when The Hub took an especially beautiful day off, we walked over by the horse farm. This is the usual route that we both take (separately) almost every day. Cyrus especially enjoys visiting our favorite mechanic across the road, but he is willing to respect social distancing by visiting with the horses instead.

And now the horses have started to come to the fence to check out the Cyrus. One blue-eyed Cremello and one brown-eyed Buckskin or Dun are here checking out the blue- and brown-eyed Cyrus. (I am sure Ginette will correct me if I named these horses incorrectly.)

And finally, yesterday I was surprised to find a picture on my phone of a younger (much skinnier) me with a young Woody on the porch of someone else's nice house. Who took this picture?

Truth be told, it was part of an Eddie Bauer ad that came in an email. Strong resemblance, don't you think?

OK, you can stop laughing now.

Please be well my friends and family, and even my enemies if I have any. Stay home as much as you possibly can until this evil thing goes away for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment