Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Autumn chicks

The leaves have turned color in just the past week. I thought we might have something other than brown to see when the Martinis come to visit in 2 weeks, but now I am not so sure.

I created quite the stir on Facebook yesterday by posting pictures of interesting rocks that we have dug up or found in the creek. I didn't think they were worthy of a blog post, but they got more comments than anything I have ever posted. Who knew there were other rock lovers out there?

Geodes, chert, vugs? I need a break from my geology lesson. Here are some pics of the chicks from today. Almost full grown, I am sure they are 2 roos and 3 hens—blond girls and red boys in the photos, and there is one blond-headed black girl who was hiding. Hoppy is the older blond hen on the right (below).

The big pic at the end is my soggy Big Roo. He's staring me down for leaving him outside in the rain yesterday while I was learning about rocks on Facebook. He still loves me. I give him food.


No comments:

Post a Comment