Sunday, September 13, 2020

Little green tomatoes


We had a late start to summer, still using the woodstove in June if I remember correctly. We are making up for it now with some very warm sunny beautiful days in September. Just this weekend we are starting to get chilly again. I hope it stays above freezing at night long enough for my heirloom tomatoes to get ripe. I started them from seed in the basement, and I was very late getting them out in the garden. They have plenty of little green tomatoes on them. It would be such a shame if it gets cold too soon!

MonkeyCat spent the morning all the way under that blanket, and then a few hours more on top of it. The hydrangea blooming behind him is having a very good year now that it is protected by the fence from the deer. If I could only get the dogs to stop digging holes underneath it on the hot days. It is nice and cool under there!

A visiting Tara took this great pic of Rico AND she left us some Barnwell Inn goodies! Peach cobbler is The Husband's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment