Friday, September 3, 2021

The wind and the air

Wednesday was not a good day for South Jersey and Philly. Several tornadoes blasted through the area, flooding streets and ripping homes apart. As far as I know, all my friends and family are safe, and I think the old house in Palmyra is safe as well.

This photo was taken by a driver at the toll booths for the Burlington Bristol Bridge. Imagine being the toll taker stuck in that one open booth!

I was just on that very narrow (it's scary when it's clear) bridge 2 weeks ago!

The road off to the right goes down to the Delaware River by St. Mary's Hall-Doane Academy where we had our wedding reception. I can only imagine the damage to that beautiful old building.

On a happier note, we finally had our air-conditioning unit installed yesterday. Yay! The coldest day so far this summer, with a high of 63° and a low of 46°, and we are ready for the next heat wave—next July.

I caved and put the heat on last night. I swore I would never do that in September, but my toes were cold and I was too lazy to fire up the woodstove. 


No comments:

Post a Comment