Sunday, September 19, 2021

Zelda and the apples

Zelda is the newest addition to the family, although I am still trying to keep The Husband from making her part of the indoor family. She appeared over a year ago, and has been crossing the busy road to visit us a few times a day.

We caught her and had her spayed this week (which is where I got the pupper video I posted on Facebook. We caught Dr Julie on a busy day in surgery.)

Lots of love and attention and food, a nice little crate for a bed, plenty of goat milk when she wants it, and maybe when we set her free from the crate she will decide to stay.

Did I mention it's apple season! We may not have the prettiest apples, but we have more than we could ever use and they taste really good. I have 13 pints of apple butter and a quart of applesauce already done. 

Husband just picked at least twice the amount of apples that I picked this morning (top pic). I guess there are a few more pints to make, and maybe a pie or 2.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment