Sunday, December 5, 2021

In the spirit of the season


So I was trying to get some catalog Christmas shopping done, but no, my 2 helpers are insisting that I toss the catalogs and shop local. So be it.

Getting the Christmas cards to the (local) printer was an equally frustrating task. The Husband likes to keep the design process going until the very last minute. Even my threats served no purpose. The cards were sent on Tuesday, but are still not ready to pick up. And the printer is near the tree farm where we get our Christmas tree every year, so the tree is on hold as well.

Then we have UPS. I have been battling with them for the past 3 years. For whatever reason, the Yuletide drivers are afraid to come down our long driveway. 

Last year we put a large plastic dog crate at the end of the driveway so they could leave the packages there. The guy that plows our driveway destroyed the crate.

This year they hung an early present, a laptop, from a very thin branch of one of the maple trees. Broke the branch, and it was pretty much sitting on the ground.

Seriously, if my chickens on their short little legs can make it down the driveway, so can you in your big honking truck!

All festive from here on in. I am done with my Christmas rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment