Saturday, December 12, 2009

Picking paints. Final proof.

No more cartoons of the rooms in color...too time-consuming. Here are the final choices. I am going to print these out and mail to Jim just to make sure there is no confusion. The red, dark green and purply colors are almost duplicates of paint colors here in the old house in NJ. Pre-tested, pre-approved by The Husband and me. The other colors were chosen either because they work well together, or because they go well with furniture or rugs that will be going in those rooms.

All the ceilings will be white, like the trim, except for the cathedral ceiling in the bedroom which will be the same as the walls.

I have decided to defer to the architect's original design and keep the single french door—because it can be left open more comfortably, because it's already in place, and because it's about $600 cheaper than the double doors and every penny counts at this late stage.

Now I just have to decide what to do about the woodstove wall. Jim put a chase around the stainless steel pipe, but the chase goes all the way to the floor and messes up my design even more (see photo 2 posts below). I am really confused about how to make this look better. The woodstove was delivered yesterday, and now that I see this big boy in the room, I want to simplify the wall even more than before...There is a solution, I just don't know what it is yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment