Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Prayers for poor Sophie!

I had to take Sophie to the vet yesterday. We could tell something was very wrong when she stopped eating and wouldn't even come upstairs to sleep with us. Of course this happens on a Sunday when we can't do anything about it.

Lester is the one who has been having some health issues, so I was surprised when Sophie got so sick, so fast. Vet says she had a high fever, which has come down since yesterday. Blood work didn't show any cause for alarm, but they have not had the time to do an x-ray. The hardest part is not knowing what is going on. Two of the 3 vets are on vacation this week, so they don't have the time to do the tests to diagnose the problem.

If I don't find out more today, I am going to have to try to take her to another vet. There are several other good ones nearby, or I could make the long ride back to NJ to her old vet in an emergency. I don't want to make her suffer through the 4-and-a-half hour ride if I can avoid it.

She is just fine in the photo. The sofa is her favorite spot in the house, and sometimes she has to move Will or Dave a bit to make room for her diva self.

UPDATE: The vet called to say her temp is back to normal, but the x-ray didn't show anything definitive. She made an appointment for me at a different vet tomorrow for an ultrasound.

1 comment:

  1. WE LOVE YOU, SOPHIE GIRL!!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers. You're such a sweetie. Come home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete