Wednesday, February 26, 2020

New kid in the night

A fifth new one in the middle of the night. Pretty sure she came from Lizzie, but also pretty sure Lizzie is not being the best mom. Little girl was too shy for her debut photo. Kept showing me her poopy little butt. She was outside most of today calling for mom. This is Rachel, one of the newbies from last year, consoling her. We might have to put her in the milking room with mom until they figure it out.

I am thankful that a vet friend of ours, Dr Pam, is coming by tomorrow morning (to return my chicken book after a trip to Honduras where she helped set up a chicken farm). She can help me figure out what to do about the first little one with the bandage on her head, and maybe help me figure out what is going on with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment